Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Buff neighbor attacks with his level 10 cities

My extra cities were attacked

I was online but the beacon's didn't alert me. Either because I was "in" the city that didn't get attacked or maybe I had mail or something up in front and the beacon warning was behind it?

Though he is my neighbor, he felt compelled to attack on his alliance leader's command. I sent him a message

First: "Sorry you feel you have to mind Buffster...we're your neighbors, got no beef with you, not even any benefit to you in Buffsters quest for prestige. Wish you'd leave that knuckle head and be at peace with us"

and then

..."If you're really just needing resources or something all you had to do was just ask neighbor..."

LOL...he didn't reply or at least hasn't yet.

Noticed he didn't even try my main city. Dang and I had many many thousands of surprises waiting on him...but I did go into the rally point and check the medic tab and found 29 wounded scouts..but no report indicating why. Guess he tried to scout me.

I also went around and went to each town hall attacked and did the disaster relief to get rid of the public grievance.

He got more than I intended to have vulnerable in one city because I had taken it out of the market this morning to upgrade. It makes sense that you are always your weakest at your weakest point...at your most vulnerable time.

I had the check mark in my Rally Point open the gates. So alot of troops got killed or wounded. Why did I? Because I had sent Ballista to my other two cities to protect them from catapult and battering ram damage..BUT I DIDN'T NEED TO in one because it had rock fall and that took out the seige weapons.

Another odd thing that happened, he hauled off alot of stuff from the third city because he brought transports with him.

What is odd is that my abatis were not even touched, none were even damaged, and no transports of his were hurt. I sent transports to pompey once when stephen had abandoned it and all the mines and archery towers were gone..but the abatis took them out. Thinking now maybe it wasn't the Abatis that took them out, but they flushed those records and I can't go back and study that old event. Wish i knew why his transports were able to go untouched?

He brought 600 Ballista that took out most of the wall defenses that were taken out instead of his troops taking the hit. Seems like he would have done better sending the Ballista in a wave by themselves but then again..his Ballista didn't take any hits.

He's got a couple of level 10 cities just a few miles north of me so it wasn't a far trip, he was able to send a firepower most won't have to face.

I'll study the reports more when I get back. Feel free to note anything you figure out from them. Like I said though, I knew Shakeand was weak, and I've learned that I had no where near enough fire power to be leaving my gates open. Will make sure to minimize exposed resources.

May have ticked him off with my two notes so much that he comes back to destroy that little town tonight when the truce is off. LOL..we'll see.

4 comments:

  1. Well my dear friends 3 out of my 5 cities are down and can get easily conquered :) No defences no nothing :)I can't compete against 30k warriors and 10k archers...May be tomorrow I'll have my truce agreement on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes these attacking forces have been very uncharacteristically large for our server. If they do trim off the fat a bit, we'll rebuild stronger, leaner faster. But working on a Friesland wide appeal to all who are fed up with this guy.

    Ironf2st declared war on us as a reaction to the declaration of war against Buff, don't think he realized that IronFist their main alliance hasn't been too pleased with Buff, so he will likely be moving us to peace or neutral tomorrow I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To give you some pointers and a little bit behind the philosophy of the majority of the BUFF alliance (myself being in BUFF). The alliance itself is very aggressive, whether you are neutral towards us or hostile typically will make you a target. In general, BUFF will not differentiate between inactives and actives, combat is what gives them their thrill.

    I'm not sure why you weren't informed of incoming attacks, you should have been. It's possible it was a bug or some glitch caused by lag. The lack of the scout report could have been due to the attack occurring near or during downtime, I've noticed this can happen around those times.

    Lastly, as for how your transports met their demise to the opponent's abatis, it seems like you sent few or no combat units with your transports. If you don't have the combat potential to break through static defenses (the forums commonly attribute these static defenses to the wall hit points/health) within the 100 turns an attack lasts, the abatis will seem to kill all the units attacking.

    Just so you know, your blog shows up in a google search of "Buff civony," such is the how I found your blog. I also like competition, a lack of knowledge is something I can sometimes remedy thus my explanation of your lost transports and philosophy behind BUFF, straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak. Good luck and have fun.

    PS - A higher attack value in your hero profile appointed as mayor will decrease troop training time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaah! An infiltrator in our midst!

    ReplyDelete