Wednesday, April 22, 2009

FLAG COLORS

I've not tested this 100% but so far it seems accurate. When I click the MAP button in the top right and drag the map around in view there are different color flags...
Since we've (our alliance) have been kicking around the idea of having a common flag, I thought this was interesting...

"Gold is yours, Green-others in your alliance, Blue- people in an alliance with whom you are friendly, Red- an alliance with whom you are hostile, Grey- anyone who is not in one of the above."

Interesting...I had been wondering about how we could change our colors but, evidently...color is in the eye of the looker....my Gold flag that seems to match NOBODY else...doesn't look Gold to ANYBODY else...haha.

The email system in Civony isn't very advanced for making it easy to communicate within the alliance...it needs like a bulletin board or round table meeting room..guess we can use this blog for that.

Got quite a few ideas for a common flag, and a couple that want to keep theirs individualistic for various reasons...so here is what I plan to do....

Since "U" pronounced like the OO in the word "book" ...is a Cherokee word referring to someone being strong of heart. I'm thinking in the 4 spaces we're allowed I'm going to put a space, a capital O (the letter not the number), another capital O, then a space.

Anybody else in the alliance wants to do that too ...that would be super..if not, that is just as super..because to me your gold flag looks green anyway. :)


To change my flag I'm clicking on QUEST, then in the left hand side clicking on ADMINISTRATION, Then down in the bottom left block, clicking on NATIONAL FLAG,

Cool..i see that there is a reward of 1000 gold and another National Flag (that will replace the one in "My Items" that will

probably get used in this). It also gives me the instructions.

My quest box says "Click your head icon to open Player Frofile"....FROfile? ...is that something to file my "fro" with?

But I don't have a Fro. They'll probably correct the spelling on that someday...but it is at least some humor at the moment...

Anyway to change the Flag...Click on the avatar/picture..it opens the Player Info box...on the left side , at the bottom I see Flag:_____ and the change button. Looks like I don't need to mess with putting in empty spaces, looks like it will center it on its own so I'm typing in two capitals OO and clicking CHANGE.

Little wait symbol comes up....guess the server is busy but it is working on it..aha..System message box popped up,
Change Flag Successfully it says. I click the OK button. Click the X in the top right of the Player info box to close it...my Quest light is flashing meaning I've got a reward to claim...gee..wonder whatever could it be..LOL.

I open the Quest box, click on Administration on the left side (has a green check by it now meaning I've completed something )..look down to the bottom left "National Flag" is checked...look over in the panel on the right..click "Get Award"

Quest box was still flashing, scrolled around to find some other stuff I needed to claim the reward on...strange got one for having a level one market place...strange because I've had that for several days now...but I'll take the reward :)

To look at my new flag, I click the button on the top bar near my picture that says "MAP" and there it is..my fancy gold flag with OO in it.

I see the blue flags of my neighbor, reminds me I need to contact them and get a more formal treaty made between them and us...the more alliances on our friends list the better, good public relations might save us alot of soldiers and expense.

It is time to pick up the kid from school so I'm going to try to start the next horse riding level study in the academy, an upgrade of housing, and maybe create some more pikemen.

Interesting adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment